Our offers for shore excursions in Tenerife
Below you will find our offers for a shore excursion in Tenerife. Choose and book the best option for your stay on this beautiful island.
Small groupsExcursions in a family atmosphere
Great servicePick up directly at the harbor
High reliabilityOn-time-back-to-ship warranty
Effective time managementBook your activities in advance
Cheap shore excursionSave money by self organising
High individualityArrange activities and times freely
Useful information for a shore excursion in Tenerife
Information about the cruise port, the most beautiful sights and a lot of other useful information for cruise excursions in Tenerife, we have put together below.
Sights in Tenerife
Tenerife belongs to almost every Canary Islands cruise. The island enchants with a great variety of plants and vegetation. The unique landscape, the fantastic beaches and blue water make it a highlight in any case.
Various sights await you on Tenerife. Besides the highest mountain, El Teide, a visit to the small town of Puerto de la Cruz is a must. The animal park Loro Parque presents the biggest dolphin show in Europe and is a great trip for families.
On our page “Tenerife on your own” you will find more information about the most important sights.
Recommendation for Tenerife cruise excursions
On Tenerife you can experience a lot on foot. During a guided shore excursion you will be picked up directly at the ship and get a comprehensive insight into the island.
If you are on the island for the first time, the all-day excursion to Teide and La Orotava is ideal. You will experience the landmark of the island, El Teide and get a breathtaking view over the island. A visit to the village La Orotava and Puerto de la Cruz are also on the program.
You prefer to immerse yourself in the history of Tenerife? Then take a trip to Güímar with the nature museum “Pyramid Park”. Afterwards you will visit the pilgrimage place Candelaria and the Museum of Man and Nature.
Alternatively, you can explore the historic towns of La Laguna and La Orotava. La Laguna is a university town, founded in the 15th century and still almost completely preserved in its original form. In La Orotava you can admire the picturesque and inviting old town.
Cruise port Santa Cruz in Tenerife
- Pier Muelle Sur: up to 5 cruise ships can dock here
- Pier Muelle Ribera: since 2016 this pier has been used as an alternative berth for cruise ships
Things to know before your trip to Tenerife
Cruise lines and routes
- Most of the big cruise lines call at Tenerife: Costa, Royal Caribbean.
- Permanent port of call for almost every Canary Islands cruise
Entry and visa
- As part of Spain, Tenerife is within the EU. Therefore, whilst the UK is still part of the EU, if your passport describes you as a British Citizen or Subject of the United Kingdom, you do not need a visa to enter Tenerife.
- Depending on the entry requirements of other ports, a passport may be required.
- Optimal time for cruises: April/ May to September/ October
- Pleasantly warm temperatures all year round, hot and dry in the summer months
Video: Impressions of Tenerife
Book your excursion to Tenerife with “My Cruise Excursion”, the indispensable booking platform for shore excursions. With us you will discover the volcanic island in small groups and at reasonable prices.
Our cruise guests interested in Tenerife were also interested in…